There’s a great little town just 45 minutes from Fun and Sun RV Resort in San Benito, Texas that has everyone spreading the news.
Nuevo Progreso is a town located across the Mexican border that offers up spectacular shopping and fun things to do. They call themselves the friendliest folks on the border, and if you ask any Winter Texan, they’ll probably agree.
- Name: Alison Schulz
- In position since: February 2016
- Title: Resort Manager
- Work Location: Clerbrook Golf and RV Resort in Clermont, FL
- Favorite hobbies or sport(s): Walking my dogs and horse riding
From geocaching to “roughing it” in the British Columbia interior, the Thousand Trails membership has opened-up a world of possibility and adventure for retirees Glenn and Eva Hamakawa. The couple have been living in Langley, British Columbia for 18 years, but you’ll be hard-pressed to find them at home.
Watching someone with no experience back in their RV is hilarious, unless that person is you! If you haven’t done it before, or it’s been a while, don’t worry. Every 5th Wheel owner has been there. Becoming proficient takes practice, but watch this helpful video and learn a few tricks from experienced RV’ers.
Fort Lauderdale, Miami and Pompano Beach: RV Style
The Fort Lauderdale, Miami and Pompano Beach areas are filled with the sights, sounds, and smells of a tropical paradise. Beaches, parks, harbours, groves, keys and everglades beckon you to come explore. Exotic foods, a vibrant night life, shopping, theatre and the arts, and outdoor adventure are just a few of the attractions that await you. There are so many places to stay and things to do, you may have a hard time deciding.
- Name: Silvia Wingfield
- In position since: April 2017, since 2009 with Encore RV resorts
- Title: Resort Manager
- Work Location: Thousand Trails Orlando
- Previous parks you’ve worked at: Lake Magic RV Resort & Clerbrook Golf and RV Resort
- Favorite hobbies or sport(s): Reading and spending time with my two boys. My favorite sport is basketball. I played back in middle school and my oldest son is on a school team. Go Celtics!!
Some places bill themselves as being in the ‘Valley of the Sun’. Yuma however is the ‘Home of the Sun’. Araby Acres RV Resort is located in the eastern outskirts of Yuma and is close enough to downtown to reach it easily. This Encore RV resort has 330 sites, including areas for park models. The people are very friendly and helpful in getting you settled in, plus a large number of guests are from Canada. Come see why hundreds of Snowbirds call Araby Acres their home away from home.
2017 marked the 150th anniversary of Canada! Encore RV Resorts celebrated Canada 150 by throwing several appreciation days across the Sunbelt to celebrate this major milestone!
So, you have 30 days to explore Florida; lucky you! But it’s a big state, with lots of activities, sights and resorts to choose from, so where do you start? Check out our roadmap below, which takes you through the top must-see areas of Florida. But, before you book your accommodations and activities, we encourage you to take the season into account. Rates are often higher at peak tourist times, not to mention there are more crowds and limited availability.
- Name: Melissa Cortez
- In position since: September 2008
- Title: Resort Manager.
- Work Location: Tropic Winds RV Resort
- Previous parks you’ve worked at (if applicable) Southern Comfort & Country Sunshine RV Resort
- Favorite hobbies or sport(s): Spending time with family and friends